Sunday 29 April 2012

X is for Xigua. Y is for Yams

X is for Xigua 


OK I was really struggling with the letter X, Ive already Used my favourite cartoon on my other blog .. The X Men . So couldn't use it again !! Why did I join 2 blogs to the challenge ???

So X is for Xigua. 
Whats that ???

An edible fruit that looks similar to a watermelon, only shorter in size. 
The word xigua is Chinese.



Y is for Yams


Not that I know anything about them ! but they were the first veg that sprang to mind !

Yams

Yams are often confused with sweet potatoes, but are only similar in that they are both flowering plants. Yams are actually related to lilies and grasses and native to both Africa and Asia, the Everyday Mysteries website, a publication of the Library of Congress, reports. Yams come in various sizes and there are well over 600 varieties throughout the world. In comparison to sweet potatoes, yams are actually drier and more starchier.

No comments:

Post a Comment