Monday 30 April 2012

Z is for Zucchini

z is for zucchini 




Zucchini is part of the squash and pumpkin family and you probably know it as the courgette . Zucchini is a very abundant producer and you will probably need no more than two or three plants in your garden. Zucchini does not keep well, so it is best enjoyed during the summer months.





The two most common mistakes zucchini growers make are:
  1. Planting too many
  2. Waiting too long to harvest
When planting zucchini, 2 plants will produce plenty of zucchini for a family of 4. It’s probably better to plant a mixture of zucchini and other summer squash, like patty pan or crookneck, so you have a mixture of colors, textures, and flavors.

Thats the A - Z challenge over !!! Thanks for following me hope you continue to do so !! 

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of courgette. My favorite way to prepare zucchini is breaded and fried with ranch dip--probably the worst for me too.


    Congratulations on making it through the A to Z Challenge. Join us on May 7th with your Challenge Reflections post.

    Lee
    Places I Remember
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be coming back to your blog later in the year. We're just going into winter and I'm about to prepare my veggie garden for spring. This'll be my first time so looking for all the help and advice I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cordon bleu chef friend say you can dip the flowers in a very light batter and deep fry them for a few seconds. Never tried it myself but we always had a couple of plants in the garden. I shall stay with you out of nostalgia for England and my gardening days.

    ReplyDelete